Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank you Dr. Oz and Oprah!!

Finally, some detailed info on what to look for in skincare products and the role that nutrition, diet and stress play in the health of our skin. The only problem I had with the program was the inclusion of Paula Begoun. She tauts herself as a "skin care expert", but as far as I can tell she is a former makeup artist and not an esthetician, physician or nurse. I won't go into my problems with her recommendations but there is an interesting review of her book on e-opinions which I tend to agree.

Dr. Oz and Dr. Susan Evans speak to the benefits of antioxidants, niacin, alpha hydroxy acids and sunscreens for maintaining the skin. They also analyzed the skin using a uv and polarized light machine to reveal the true damage underneath the skin. I use a similar device in my studio, although I cannot take a picture to show my clients the results (hopefully someday soon though!).

If you didn't have the chance to see the show go to oprah.com for more detailed info about the show.

Till next time!

No comments: